cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Wildfire 4

AlainRicou
1-Newbie

Wildfire 4

new version is coming up, but why does they wait until the new year to distribute it ?
6 REPLIES 6

And just a question about compatibility with previous version: Why doesn't PTC make all new version full compatible with previous version ? Normally when we talk about a universal file format, the version doesn't matter, but as it is, this is not an universal format, and more the compatibility between versions is not granted. Well ... think a little bit about time we spend for changing each time with the same provider or just one time with to another provider. Which one is the best way ?

No CAD/CAM software company makes their versions backwards-compatible. Mostly it is related to the fact that they keep introducing new features in the latest version that the previous version would not understand. For example, what would Wildfire 1 do with a "Sketch" feature from Wildfire 2? Or what would 2001 do with an Inheritance feature? There is a plug-in to make WF3 files editable in WF2 via the ATB (Advanced Topology Bus). Regards ps. Wildfire 4 will probably not be out until the end of 2007. The reason it's not released is that it is not ready.

The most interresting view is to look at the new CAD products, for example : Adobe Acrobat 3D is fully compatible with a lot of 3D products, but ... pro-eng again and again with a lot of bugs. That sure developping easy to use programs is not given to everyone. And when I saw Pro-E is made for Small factories, let me laught... I'm waiting 4 month to have just a renew of my licenses, but in Europe they sleep at PTC office all the day !!!! Is there someone in PTC, who do client request in less than many monthes ? Still waiting some professionnal... but is there some ??? Thanks Senior System Engineer

Non je ne mélange pas tout ! Merci de faire du support sans ecouter les désires du client. C'est du support de grande classe.... Pffft

Where can I find more info on this? [quote="Peter Brown"] There is a plug-in to make WF3 files editable in WF2 via the ATB (Advanced Topology Bus).

Read TPI 132326. Regards
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags