cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Winback Program Discontinued?

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Winback Program Discontinued?

Our VAR is telling us that PTC is discontinuing the Winback program at the end of the month.  After 9/30, to reinstate inactive seats all back maintenance will have to be paid, not just the 12 months back as it is now.  The alternatives are a monthly subscription plan or purchasing new seats.

Has anyone else been told the same thing?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgschaefer)

I just checked with our VAR and they confirmed the same thing.  On the other hand, PTC has done this same thing multiple times in the past and eventually they start it back up again.  I think after awhile they get too desperate for the lost maintenance dollars...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgschaefer)

I just checked with our VAR and they confirmed the same thing.  On the other hand, PTC has done this same thing multiple times in the past and eventually they start it back up again.  I think after awhile they get too desperate for the lost maintenance dollars...

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:TomU)

I find it amusing how inflexible PTC is if you are a current maintenance paying customer,or have been one recently. We have two sets of licenses, both off maintenance at the moment.  One expired at the end of '13, the other a few months ago.  We've been offered a very attractive Winback on the former but absolutely nothing on the latter. 

Back in 2009 we elected to allow our maintenance to lapse simply because PTC wouldn't budge on downgrading our seats to something more affordable and more in line with what we were actually using.  When we came back in 2012, they gave us exactly what we had asked for in 2009.  They missed out on a couple of years of our money as a result.  Plus, we learned that we could service our customers just fine without paying maintenance every year, hence why we let it drop again.

--
LinkedIn

Doug Schaefer and Tom Uminn‌,

we've already talked about maintenance exactly one year ago Re: Creo Parametric Maintenance & Licensing

What is changing NOW is that PTC is kicking customer from maintenance to subscription.

Marco

I said in that earlier thread:

However, PTC has no written policy for this that I know of.  They can change it at will, and have in the past.

It sees that this is exactly what they are doing now.  I agree with Tom, it won't last forever.  If you get punitive about people returning to the fold, they are simply less likely to return.

--
LinkedIn
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags