cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

are PTC Creo Parametric 3.0 initial maintenance versions more stable than Creo Parametric 2.0?

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

are PTC Creo Parametric 3.0 initial maintenance versions more stable than Creo Parametric 2.0?

And does PTC Creo Parametric 3.0 have less bugs also,again compared to initial versions of Creo Parametric 2.0?

3 REPLIES 3

My two cents...

I am currently CP2 M180

We moved from WF4 to CP2 M100 and beyond the visual change, we did find some working issues.

I read somewhere here that from M120 to M180 there were somewhere around 700 bug fixes > loaded M180.

Things seem to be stable.

Thoughts to move to CP3?

My initial thinking is that we will  experience the same conditions.

Our supply base is not pushing us to and the enhancements really do not pull us in so, why move again?

Especially if I expect to face the same challenges as before.

And one thing I did learn - wait for the later releases that fix the bugs of the initial version release.

Ok, I'm done.... rant over.

If you are mainly concerned about stability, I would stay with a later build of CP2.

In my opinion, CP3 is mainly a UI update that did not add much in the way of functionality that improves productivity.

CP3 has not been as stable as CP2 in my experience, but that does not mean it is horrible.

One notable exception would be CP3 adds point sketches to define hole placement - waited ~10 years for that.

You can use a datum point or a sketch point to define hole placement in CP2 as well, or are you referring to intelligent fastener?

hole_pointplacement.JPG

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags