cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

axial depth decimal places

cbroetzmann
1-Newbie

axial depth decimal places

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the amount of decimal places available for the axial depth in the tool setup in WF4. Currently it is at 3 deimal places. We need to get to 4 for very small tools. See attached...

Craig Broetzmann

Strattec Security Corp

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Craig,

I think there's a solution for your problem, however the number
of decimals in the tool manager it's hardcoded AFAIK...

I created this video for you showing you a possible solution for this
issue:

http://youtu.be/i2mVZtSCQ08

I hope it helps,

Cheers,

Daniel

Craig,

Another way you can do it without messing with your site files would be to enter the number of decimals you need and save the file as a XML just like I showed in the video, but then instead of getting the fields populated automatically you can go to the menu “Edit -> Copy From Tool -> All -> Roughing” or “Finish” – It depends on what you set in the tool manager (Please refer the red arrow in the 1st pic) – After doing this, the NC-Sequence parameters CUT_FEED, STEP_DEPTH and STEP_OVER will be populated with the values you set in the tool manager.

You can do it independently as well: “All” for all parameters, “Spindle” for SPINDLE_SPEED, “Feed” for CUT_FEED, “Depth” for both STEP_DEPTH and STEP_OVER and “Misc” for coolant, custom parameters, spindle direction, etc…

Alternatively, you can get the fields populated automatically by using this config.pro option: mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool – It’s better and you don’t have to mess with relations in your site files. I personally use this last one in my config.pro files

mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool All

Or

mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool Misc

Or

mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool Cutting

Works like a charm!

HTH

Daniel

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags