cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

fillet radius not working

ptc-267878
1-Newbie

fillet radius not working

I'm having trouble creating a filllet at this corner. It is a solid model created from several merged surfaces. As you can see, the surfaces 1, 2, and 3 come to a point where I have a tangent condition between surfaces 2 and 3. Any good suggestions as to how this can be fixed?

6 REPLIES 6

Have you tried surface to surface between 1 and 3? If your radius is too small this will certainly fail. It's hard to tell with the red edges if this is the case or not.

surface 1 to surface 3 in attached imaged

Any radius between 1 & 3 will eliminate #2, so you might want to remove it first.
Thanks
Greg

Greg Ames
greg.ames@suburbantool.com
Designer
Suburban Tool & Die
4940 Pacific Ave.
Erie, PA 16506
TEL: 814-833-4882
FAX: 814-833-1370
www.suburbantool.com

Try creating that as a surface and then using the offset -> replace tool to replace the original, twisted surface with the round surface.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Right now, I am trying surface approach (see attached image). I created a tangent curve on the top C1, and on the bottom C2, and did a boundary blend to connect the two. If you look at curves A1 , A2, and B2, they span a long length and were created with splines (therefore have some curvature to them). If you look at curve B2, it is short (ends at the tangency location) and is also a spline.

So right now, I'm not sure how to properly create the top and bottom 'triangular' surfaces so that I can solidify this fillet. Do i need to split splines A1, A2, and A3 somehow to make them as long as B2, for example?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags