cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

for non-native CAD import option also available in creo 2.0

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

for non-native CAD import option also available in creo 2.0

the import option for catia,solidworks,inventor,unigraphics is also available in creo 2.0.

i think the open option in creo 3.0 is the big thing!

8 REPLIES 8

Rohit Rajan wrote:

the import option for catia,solidworks,inventor,unigraphics is also available in creo 2.0.

It is?

PTC's online videos show unigraphics and solidworks catia files being opened in creo 2.0

look here:

http://www.ptc.com/video?id=2717518590001&account=Demos

There must be a catch... I certainly cannot open these.

Antonius,

you have to install Solidworks Explorer, Inventor, NX, CATIA on the same PC as Creo Parametric 2.0 to be able to open native files. And also in case of CATIA you need the license of special Creo module.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Interesting. Just install the SW explorer and Creo sees the Solidworks files?

Antonius,

you are right. But there is a catch ... only 32-bit version of Solidworks Explorer is available on official web page. It works in combination with Creo Parametric 2.0 32-bit, only. If you use Creo Parametric 2.0 64-bit, you will need 64-bit version of Solidworks Explorer ... . But where to get it ?

Martin Hanák

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the warning, Martin! I knew there was a catch There just had to be

i have to say other than the unite technology..no big surprises (enhancements) in creo parametric 3.0...

installed the trail version yesterday....very much similar to creo 2.0.

still going through it....

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags