cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

how to create button with drop down in quick access toolbar in creo 2.0?

ssharma-6
2-Guest

how to create button with drop down in quick access toolbar in creo 2.0?

I am trying to create a button with drop down menu in quick access toolbar like a button whose name is open and in it's drop down menu option will be .prt, .asm, .drw.

For example please see the attachment.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

I think that requested functionality is not available in CR2.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi

You can use these mapkeys & add mapkeys to drop down menu & change the button image as desired

mapkey om @MAPKEY_NAMEOpen Manufacturing File;\

mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABELOpen Manufacturing;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdModelOpen`

mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `DLG_PREVIEW_POST` `file_open`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Open `file_open` `Type`;~ Close `file_open` `Type`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `file_open` `Type` 1 `db_37`;

mapkey op @MAPKEY_NAMEOpen Part File;@MAPKEY_LABELOpen Part;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Command `ProCmdModelOpen`

mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `DLG_PREVIEW_POST` `file_open`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `file_open` `Type` 1 `db_2`;

mapkey oa @MAPKEY_NAMEOpen Assembly File;@MAPKEY_LABELOpen Assembly;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Command `ProCmdModelOpen`

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `file_open` `Type` 1 `db_1`;

mapkey od @MAPKEY_NAMEOpen Drawing File;@MAPKEY_LABELOpen Drawing;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `file_open` `Type` 1 `db_4`;

Hope this helps

Pushkar

Hello Pushkar,

Thanks for the answer!

Actually I have already made map key.

My question is how to create drop down button in the quick access ribbon in Creo 2. for more clarification please see the picture.

Drop_down.JPG

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:ssharma-6)

Create your group Cascade on the ribbon then go to the Quick Access Toolbar definition and you should see your group or cascade which you can add to it.

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for answer!

can you explain. i don't understand

Thanks in advance

Kevin
10-Marble

The Quick Access Toolbar doesn't have the commands to create the groups or drop down menus. To create those you need to do it in the Customize Ribbon Dialog.

Customize Ribbon.JPG

Add a new tab or group, if you add a tab it automatically adds a group. The drop down list you show is what is referred to as a Cascade. Add a Cascade under the group, rename it, and add your mapkeys to it.

Customize Ribbon-2.JPG

Go to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar and you should find the menu you created which can be added to the toolbar.

Customize Ribbon-3.JPG

Customize Ribbon-4.JPG

You can then go back and remove the group from the Ribbon if you don't want it shown there.

Hello Kevin,

Many Thanks, Problem is solve now.
Thanks Again!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Sachin Sharma

Don't forget to mark the appropriate answer as correct for those who may search on this in the future.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags