cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

old versions

ptc-2306411
1-Newbie

old versions

I am using WF3. I see that pro-e saves an new version everytime I hit save. How do I open the previous versions?
6 REPLIES 6

In the browser window select the directory where the files are located and select Versions in the file list and Apply to display version files. In the Open File dialog box there is a black arrow with a white plus on it, select it and select All Versions in the dropdown list to display version files.

"Kevin DeMarco" wrote:

In the browser window select the directory where the files are located and select Versions in the file list and Apply to display version files. In the Open File dialog box there is a black arrow with a white plus on it, select it and select All Versions in the dropdown list to display version files.

What version of ProE are you using? It's different from version to version.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:Kevin2010)

In WF 4, find the folder you want in the vbrowser, and click "TOOLS" from the toolbar above browser window, then check "ALL VERSIONS". Then pick the version you want to open, right click and "OPEN".
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Darrell
12-Amethyst
(To:CBenner)

If you are using Windchill, I don't think you can do it.

James, If the PDM system you are using have default setting of purge.Then you won't be able to retrive old versions. Another option is ,which I think works for any version Rigt click on your start tab at bottom left of your computer. Then explorer<then locate the folder where your models are saved. In that folder you will see partnumber.prt.1,2,3 etc. and right click and open with pro/e.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags