cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

picking data from text file

ng-2
5-Regular Member

picking data from text file

hello

I have modified start.mcs file to create a new parameter (drawn_by)  in model and i want to pick the value of this parameter from drop down list so i have modified the start.mcs file a

PRT_PARAMETER DRAWN_BY STR EQ LIST_DESIGNERS

STD_USER_LIST_FILE      designers.txt

and also the designers.txt file contains name of list of designers in defined way , and file also placed inside text folder.

but the result is not showing as expected.

MDL FAIL RESULT.jpg

on the other hand if add all the items of designers.txt file to start.mcs the result it is showing is correct.

please find the images for more clarification

mdlchk2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ng-2)

Is this really the proper use of ModelCHECK? ModelCheck is designed to check a file to see if it meets your company defined standards.

I know you can add things to a file, like the spell check file, and can change parameter values, but adding a designer's name to a part parameter seems to be going too far.

I would use a restricted_text.dat file for the designer parameter and have the person designing the part select their name from the drop down list in the parameter editor. This can also be done at the drawing level.

Just my $0.015 comment.

Ben

Windchill 10.0 m040

Creo2 m100

Vincent-Kulak
13-Aquamarine
(To:ng-2)

This is a configuration problem:

You must define the name of the list

STD_USER_LIST_FILE LIST_DESIGNERS designer.txt

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags