cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

setting open & file default directories for SD 15 &

LynnSchmelzer
1-Newbie

setting open & file default directories for SD 15 &

When I go to open or save a file from SD or Annotate, the default directories are obscure and sometimes don't exist. Where do I set those directories? I have found the Doc-project-dir in sd_data.lsp and the startupdir in all_data.lsp, but they don't seem to impact the directory presented in the open and save windows.
3 REPLIES 3

Modeling always remembers the directory which you visited most recently with the file browser.

CoCreate OneSpace Modeling v15.00 on WinXP. As a test, I looked to see where my OSM Load menu showed for a "Look in:" folder. It was OSD_Moldeling. I created a dummy file (dummy.pkd) with one work plane and stored it in another directory (S:\Projects). I exited OSM. I re-started OSM and went to load the dummy file. The default folder in the "Look in:" text field was -- OSD_MOdeling. I navigated to the dummy.pkg file and opened it. I then went to save it using the "save all from top" icon. It did remember where I got the file. Until I started renaming keys in the sd_data.lsp and all_data.lsp files, the default folders for opening and saving the files were both pointed to an old "S:\Projects\...\...\" folder. I omitted the full path names to protect the innocent. Is that normal operation? Can I not set the program to always on startup to use a default directory such as "S:\Projects" for Opening or saving a file. Or if I am working on a project in for example S:\Projects\Project1\ -- set that as my default directory then set a new default directory later when I am on a different project. So that when I start up OSM that is the default directory. The right button click (on Look in: text box) and display is useful -- but if I have a new project that is not in that group, then I have to navigate from c:\...\OSM\ to the project directory so that I can set it up as a new "favorite" for the right button click. If I could set the default directory to s:\Projects, that would solve 99% of my problems. Or, as happened to me, the default directory was changed buy unknown means to be a "s:\projects\...\...\working" directory, a directory that was later deleted and unavailable for usage. How did that change occur? How -- other than fumbling with the keys in sd_data.lsp and all_data.lsp -- is that corrected?

When I save a model into some directory, then restart Modeling and open the file dialog again, it wakes up in the directory where I saved the model before, i.e. not in some "OSD_Modeling" directory. So I'd say the behavior you're describing is not normal. I don't really understand the description of what you did in the sd_data/all_data config files, but it sounds a little fishy, as users should never have to edit those files manually. I'd check if there are any local customizations on the affected system which interfere with normal behavior. You might also want to post and describe the problem in the International CoCreate User Group forum at http://www.cocreateusers.org/forum, which has more traffic/visitors than this forum. Hope this helps, Claus PS: Seems there was a problem with the image file you attached to your message - well, or at least I cannot click/open it 8-(
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags