cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

trail file

rajeshbhanushal
1-Newbie

trail file

wat is use of trail.txt file?

15 REPLIES 15

Trail file serves as a backup file into which entered all the steps in defining objects in Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro|ENGINEER)
If the user makes a mistake in modeling and closes the program, does not have to click all the steps again.

Sufficient if run trail file to create previous steps.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

can u explain me how to backup part if i lost my part.

If you have trail file for your lost part you can:

rename trail file: trail.txt.29 to (anyname.txt) as lost_part.txt

Start ProE > select: Tools > Play Trail/Training File... and select renamed file.

Then the system starts to load steps of the trail file.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

hey thanks yar u help me lot

You are welcome.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

How do you run the trail file if your files do not have a number after them? ie: trail.txt --> runme.txt

My files do not have the numerical extension. When I rename the file and try to run it I get the message: "Versioned numbers not allowed here"

Thanks,

Bob

In order to run the trail file, the file can't contain numeric index.

By default, the system generates an index change, eg.: trail.txt.29
Rename trail file: trail.txt.29 to (anyname.txt)
Start ProE > select: Tools > Play Trail/Training File... and select renamed file.
Then the system starts to load steps of the trail file.
If you do not have file an initial trail of the index changes, try to run the program without any configuration and see the numeric index.
Vladimir
Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

That much I understand - take a look at the attached screen print of the directory with my trail files - there

are no numbers after the trail.txt...

When I rename the file (with no number after the .txt) and try to run it I get the message: "Version numbers not allowed here"

Thks,

Bob

Clearly, your problem is that you do not show files extension. See that you have xls file but even there you can|t see a file extension.
In Windows, you need to set your extensions or try using a program TotalCommander.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Yup! Clearly, that was my problem! I found the button to turn on (in windows - not Pro-e) and it works fine now!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Best regards,

Bob Barker

You're welcome. Have a nice day.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

As suggested i renamed the trail file but after selecting the file to run the Creo crashed.

Regards,

Yogesh

I have not had a successful run of a trail file in Creo. It normally scrashes. They are pretty much worthless for this operation.

Welcome to the forum Yogesh.

One more suggestion/caution about the use of trail files. Sometimes you use them to recover from an unexpected crash long after your last save. IF this crash was caused by your last action within Pro (as rare as that may be), then you want to delete the last little bit of the trail file before running it, or you will just crash again.

Good addition David for all those new users and seasoned veterans that might not have known that!

Best!

Bob

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags