cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Parametric Options Modeler Tips and Techniques

100% helpful (2/2)

Check out this video on Creo Parametric Options Modeler Tips and Techniques session  from PTC Application Engineers.

Presenters: Jason Petersen (Solution Consulting, Principle) and Ryan Butcher (Solution Consulting, Fellow).

Creo Options Modeler Learning

Comments

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Andrew:  Can you see these configurations in Creo View?

Answer:  You can open/view variants that are created from a configurable product.  However, you can't view and choose options and choices in Creo View.

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Jacob:  Do you have to have options modeler license to view the configurations, or only to create them?  Trying to understand how many licenses we would need to use this in our organization.

Answer:  No license is needed to view variant configuration that are created from a Configurable Product.

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from John:  Is this kind of like a fancier simplified reps tool?

Answer:  Simplified Reps are used during the design process to be more efficient while designing a product (faster access to relevant design data a given time).

Options modeler is used to create variant designs that will be sold to a customer.

Question from John:  Can you change parameters via this tool, like a part length or the like?

Answer:  Not in this tool today

Question from John:  Or also have things change dynamically based on the number of other items selected?

Answer:  Not currently.

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Joseph:  Who at Creo should I reach out to if I have CFD (Creo Flow) questions?

Answer:  It's best to contact your account manager or customer success manager from PTC, and they can get you connected to the right resource for help.

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Michael:  How well does this work with the Windchill PLM application?

Answer:  These designs are managed very well by Windchill.

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Nick:  I can do "Transfer to Module" but the "Assign Choices: seems to always stay greyed out.  Does that usually mean I don't have the license or is it something else?

Answer:  Yes, you need the Options Modeler License to Assign Choices.

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Rod:  Does the O.M. module work with top-down design/master model?

Answer:  Yes, it can.

Version history
Last update:
‎Apr 10, 2023 04:13 PM
Updated by:
Labels (3)
Contributors