cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Add standard notes list

NB_10836157
3-Visitor

Add standard notes list

I want to create a list of standard notes and put it in custom ribbon, once I click on that it should show all the pre prepared notes list from where I can pick the required one. Please help me to do this

7 REPLIES 7

Utilize the note from file (Annotate -> Note -> Note from file) and record different mapkeys to load in text files with the notes you want. Then add the mapkeys into a group in the ribbon.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response.

I want to create like single mapkey where I can see all standard notes and I would be able to pick the required one. 

Any possibility to do so...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:NB_10836157)

Probably not for a single mapkey as there is no programming logic in the creation of mapkeys.

To do what you want is probably going to require custom programming. Some of the third-party content creators, like Etrage or Fishbowl, may already have a program for standard notes.

We do this. Our mapkey calls an outside script that then allows the user to pick and then imports the resulting text file. I have a proposal in for PTC/User 2024 to show how this works. If my proposal is selected then you could come and see how we do it. No external party software required.

Here is the mapkey I think you're talking about. It works in Creo 7.0.10.0.

1. Run the mapkey
  2. Pick a location on screen to place the note (the notes directory will then appear)
  3. Select a note
  4. Click Open

!!!NOTE FROM FILE
mapkey NOF @MAPKEY_LABELNOTE FROM FILE;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDtlInsFreeNote`;\
mapkey(continued) @PAUSE_FOR_SCREEN_PICK;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDtlTextFromFile`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `file_open` `Ph_path.Path` 0;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `Note Text Directory_shortcut`;

Hi Tdaugherty,

Thanks for the response.

Is there any folder location mapped or reqired

The mapkey points to the standard PTC notes directory and uses the shortcut in the browse menu. If you have a notes directory mapped in your config, it should be looking there. If not, you will need to probably adjust the path. 

Top Tags