cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Compiled Resource DLL?

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Compiled Resource DLL?

WF 5.0 M200

Hi Everyone,
I am creating a new application and would like to use existing Creo icons. However I have discovered that PTC compiled the .bif/.gif/.res files into pro_default_resources.dll which "hides" the names of all these icons from me as a programmer. Has anyone else found a way to "see" what's inside this thing so I can use it?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01D07B7A.38CEFC20]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Try something like

Yep, just found it. I did that but they all came out as .bin files. I "took a swing" and renamed them all to .png files and I am now able to at least see most of the icons with a simple Windows Explorer browse. Thanks Jim.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image002.jpg@01D07B7C.9B0EE470]
Top Tags