cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creating a program to make sure people take certain steps

pbenoit
12-Amethyst

Creating a program to make sure people take certain steps

Good morning,

Is there a way to create a pop up window for a product so that the person opening and editing the file has to change it a certain way? Trying to create a file that is modifiable pertaining to certain projects.

Thanks for any help,

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:pbenoit)

Can  you be a little more specific? Like write out what steps you expect the user to perform?

pbenoit
12-Amethyst
(To:dschenken)

The steps I would be thinking about is the following:

1. Open Part file

2. Dialog box pops up asking you to input dimensions

2A(Creo). Using the dimensions given, regenerate parts and drawings

3.Open Drawing to confirm dimensions on part and release to shop.

Simple I know but I just want a simple part generator so that when the next person opens up the part or assembly for another project with different dimensions that all parts/sub assemblies will regnerate with new dimensions.

The Integration Tool Kit is documented under the help icon, Documentation for advanced users.  Using lisp, you can create custom dialog boxes to ask the user to input a dimension.  With this, you can call write custom lisp code to make the part modifications.

I am not sure if this is also part of your question but the Advanced Assembly (parametric) add-in application will allow you to create a parametric part that can be dimension driven.

Scott

Top Tags