cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 3 crashes on Windows 8 with toolkit add-in

pchitte
1-Newbie

Creo 3 crashes on Windows 8 with toolkit add-in

Hi,

I have developed an add-in on Creo 3 using C based toolkit, Python 2.5, WxPython 2.8 and SWIG 1.3.19.

When we run Creo 3 with this add-in on Windows 8, it is crashing.

On Windows 7, the application is running fine with our add-in.

However, on Windows 8, the application is crashing. I am attaching the crash trace herewith this details.

Following are the findings,

•    On Windows 7, application is using the older GdiPlus.dll (6.1.7601.18834)

•    On Windows 8, GdiPlus.dll is available with newer version 6.3.9600.17415. The older version of this dll 6.1.7601.18834 is not available at all on Windows 8 (C:\Windows\WinSxS folder)

•    On Windows 8, application is crashing with newer version of GdiPlus.dll

•    Independent application is loading the GdiPlus.dll newer version without any crash

In my add-in, whenever I try to instantiate the wxPython the application is crashes. It is trying to use some fonts from GdiPlus.dll and somehow it could not find it and it crashes with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Questions :

. Is there any way to install lower version of GdiPlus.dll on Windows 8 6.1.7601.18834?

. How can I tell the third part application not to load the newer version of GdiPlus.dll and load the older version of it ?

. Is any other solution to this ?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

I have attached the traceback.log file herewith this discussion.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paresh.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags