cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawing formats

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member

Drawing formats

I have been working with Creo 2 for many years but have now come across an issue that I am unable to solve.

I have produced a 3D CAD assembly and placed 3 views in an existing drawing format. To fit into the format the scale has had to be reduced.

This part has to be at a scale of 1:1 but is too large even to fit into an A0 format.

Is there a way to increase the scale of the drawing format?

The drawing is for BIM (Building information modelling) purposes and the requirement is for full size.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Thanks TomU for the information. The scaling technique looks too time consuming so as PTC don't have this facility in their software I think I'll stick with what I have.

I've managed to up the scale to 0.1 so after converting the drawing (drw) to a dwg (this is what is required) they can then scale the views by 100% to get it to full size or in fact any scale they require.

Again, thanks for you help in this matter.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:amccaffrey-2)

You can't change the size of an existing format.  You can create a new format up to 25,000 units square.  (Limit doesn't change based on unit selected.)

TomU_0-1648558602713.png

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member

Thanks TomU

It was easier in Autocad 2D where you could scale up the format to fit the 1:1 scale of the drawing then print off any size!

This could prove a problem for the BIM people but hey, who cares about them! I seem to spend so much time converting files that it's taking away the pleasure of designing.

drw to dwg to pdf to png to jpg etc. Flippin' life draining. 

As an aside, I have existing client formats. Can I do anything with them?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:amccaffrey-2)

Basically you're stuck with copying information from the old format and pasting it into the now one.  From the PTC knowledge base:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs16855

TomU_0-1648562038059.png

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs29321

TomU_2-1648562222504.png

http://support.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/fom_size/fom_size.htm

TomU_1-1648562175346.png

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member

Thanks TomU for the information. The scaling technique looks too time consuming so as PTC don't have this facility in their software I think I'll stick with what I have.

I've managed to up the scale to 0.1 so after converting the drawing (drw) to a dwg (this is what is required) they can then scale the views by 100% to get it to full size or in fact any scale they require.

Again, thanks for you help in this matter.

Top Tags