cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Export mass report to excel

JBlackhole
16-Pearl

Export mass report to excel

might not be the best forum but I'll ask anyway

I'd like to know if there is tool/ method to export the key mass related properties for an .asm? I can save the mass report to a txt file but I am after a way of customising the content to a format that I want i.e. a table like format. .a,csv format spring to mind

One could write a (excel) macro to parse the txt file but it doesn't quite work 

Is there a way of creating a BOM table (for a dwg) in the desired table format? for example

Part #, assy level,Mass,CGX,CGY,CGZX,Ixx,Iyy,Izz

I think such BOM can then be exported to a .csv file?

I have heard of ProToolKit but never used

Thanks

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JBlackhole
16-Pearl
(To:RPN)

Thanks for the link

It seems that creating a dwg with a table and the parameters available one can get all the data to a .csv. Once opened the data still need a bit of manipulation but at least the data wanted in the 1st place is there.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello!

The key mass related properties is a parameters of a part PRO_MP_MASS, PRO_MP_IYZ, PRO_MP_IYY.

So, you can use Repeat Region in drawing table.

&asm.mbr.name, &rpt.level, &asm.mbr.PRO_MP_MASS ...

Then you can save this table into CSV

Thanks. Will look into this

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:JBlackhole)

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:JBlackhole)

You may check the section 'Mass properties - Traverse an assembly ...' here  Scripted as well.

JBlackhole
16-Pearl
(To:RPN)

Thanks for the link

It seems that creating a dwg with a table and the parameters available one can get all the data to a .csv. Once opened the data still need a bit of manipulation but at least the data wanted in the 1st place is there.

Top Tags