cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Get CREO Version

Sekar1
12-Amethyst

Get CREO Version

Hi,

I want to get the version of the Creo Parametric executable that the Creo Parametric TOOLKIT application is connected to and put it into Drawing sheet.

Eg: CREO 4.0 M10 or CREO 3.0 M30

Right now i have used ProEngineerReleaseNumericversionGet() function which returned integer value 34 (I am using CREO 4.0 M20).

Is this the only option to get the version ?

Is there any other function or method to get the version of creo along with m10 or m20 ?

2 REPLIES 2

@Sekar1 wrote:

Hi,

I want to get the version of the Creo Parametric executable that the Creo Parametric TOOLKIT application is connected to and put it into Drawing sheet.

Eg: CREO 4.0 M10 or CREO 3.0 M30

Right now i have used ProEngineerReleaseNumericversionGet() function which returned integer value 34 (I am using CREO 4.0 M20).

Is this the only option to get the version ?

Is there any other function or method to get the version of creo along with m10 or m20 ?

Hi,

1.] try ProEngineerDisplaydatecodeGet function

2.] you can also save new empty part and look for line similar to the following one

#Creo  TM  4.0  (c) 2019 by PTC Inc.  All Rights Reserved. M040

Martin Hanák
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:Sekar1)

As Martin stated, the information is in the header of the model files.  The information is also in the header of the trail file as shown below.

!trail file version No. 1861
!Creo TM 4.0 (c) 2020 by PTC Inc. All Rights Reserved.
!Exit Logger data:
! Process ID: 4340
! Application: Creo_Parametric
! Start date&time: 2020/01/08 07:29:26
! language: usascii
! machine type: x86e_win64
! datecode: M070

You can also extract the information from the many environment variables that are set when Creo Parametric is started.  Open a system window from within Creo Parametric and type "SET" to see all the variables.

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags