cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Get model datum (3D Hole Feature) form Dimensions

parsi
6-Contributor

Get model datum (3D Hole Feature) form Dimensions

I'm using CREO 4.0 and protoolkit to get the dimension info in the each view in drawing.

I'm able to get the dimension attach points info, if the dimension created between two linear edges or any edges in the view. But I'm unable to get the below shown dimension info using pro toolkit. I'm able to get the attach points, But then onward i don't have any way to get the corresponding model datum axis information.

Could you please let me know, how to get the attach point information like datum axis and hole feature or anything.

1 REPLY 1
zemanekp
13-Aquamarine
(To:parsi)

Hello, do you want to solve dimension created at the drawing (associative)?

If you have dim item, you can use ProDrawingDimAttachpointsGet(), which return array of Selections (named ProDimAttachment) – connections at drawing (e.g. to exis, point, …).

So, when you have this Selections you can ‘parse’ them, e.g. get mdlItem by ProSelectionModelitemGet() and analyze this mdlItems as you need.

Or if you somehow have just ProDtlattach attachment point, you can get that Selection with ProDtlattachGet().

On the other hand, if the dim item is not associative Dimension (check by ProDrawingDimIsAssociative()), I am not sure what you need in that case. (The owner of model dim is just by ProDimensionOwnerfeatureGet()).

PZ

Top Tags