cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to convert files to pdf except ProPDFExport

SP_10210577
11-Garnet

How to convert files to pdf except ProPDFExport

Creating a function to convert drawing files into pdf collectively.

Currently, we are processing using the ProPDFExport() function, which I understand is only possible if the model is loaded on the graphic screen.

If the number of files that need to be converted increases, we are worried that the program will be burdened.

Is there any other function or method to replace this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are just converting files and already have the functionality programmed for the task, why don't you just free up the memory after a file is converted?

(1) Read a model into session.

(2) Perform the PDF creation.

(3) Erase the model from session.

(4) Repeat for each model.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:SP_10210577)

Can't you use the batch functionality to convert a lot of files to PDF?
I've made a YouTube video about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUxcvH2jRyg&t=1s

Best regards,
     John Bijnens

It took me quite some time to figure out how to get this working. My students have to convert a lot of drawings to PDF. I tried to find a method to make it a bit easier for them instead of the cumbersome exporting of individual drawings. This video shows you how you can automate the export of a ...

If you are just converting files and already have the functionality programmed for the task, why don't you just free up the memory after a file is converted?

(1) Read a model into session.

(2) Perform the PDF creation.

(3) Erase the model from session.

(4) Repeat for each model.

Top Tags