cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to get session id of a model using toolkit

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

How to get session id of a model using toolkit

Hello,

Is it possible to get session id of a model using toolkit?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ketan -

I'm going to assume from the tags on your post that you are asking about Creo Parametric Toolkit (formerly known as Pro/Toolkit).

Is it possible to get session id of a model using toolkit?

Take a look at ProMdlIdGet. This quote is from Creo Parametric Toolkit's Models and Model Items page:

A third way to identify a model is by an integer identifier. Unlike the integer identifiers of objects within a model, such as surfaces and edges, the identifier of a model is not persistent between PTC Creo Parametric sessions. The function ProMdlIdGet() provides the identifier of a model, given its ProMdl handle.

The phrase "not persistent between sessions" indicates to me that the returned value is a session ID.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

mender
6-Contributor
(To:MarkStallard)

That's the model's ID, but that sort of ID you use in conjunction with a type (i.e. part id 2 vs. assembly id 2).  I suspect the request here is for the independent-of-type session id sometimes known as the postfix id, which can be used (for example) to call out a parameter from a specific model, '&PARAM:5'.  For this, the function is ProSolidToPostfixId.

Correct.. Your assumption is exactly meeting what I was looking for.

I will give a try to the function suggested by you tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for this..

Regards

Ketan

Top Tags