cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to load Dll without Auxiliary Application

KB_9753804
12-Amethyst

How to load Dll without Auxiliary Application

Hello Friends,

I have Dll and registry file creo.bat file , to run the utility I have to load the DLL every time , Is there a way to load Dll in every session of creo without using auxiliary  application.

Regards,

Kunal 

6 REPLIES 6

I assume you mean with manually using the Auxillary Application menu picks.  

Set your protkdat setting in config.pro to register the dll, and in your DLL  .dat  registry file, set the delay start to false 

example:

name LayoutInfo-c30
revision Creo3.0
startup dll
allow_stop TRUE
delay_start FALSE
exec_file j:\pro_foundation\pro_stds\pro_toolkit64\Creo30\Layoutinfo.dll
text_dir j:\pro_foundation\pro_stds\pro_toolkit64\Creo30\text
end

No  I have start creo using Batch Processing , How to do this ?

Regards,

Kunal 

Whereever the creo is installed to run the batch, Follow RPN's post of where to p[lace your TcreoK.dat,  in your .dat file set delay_start to False.   When Creo starts your dll will be reistered and started seamlessly.  I dont know how you get any more automatic than that.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:msteffke)

maybe PTC tech support articles

CS230043 'How to launch a Toolkit application with Creo Parametric start-up'

and 

CS320133 'protk.dat registry file under specific directory will also be registered by Creo Parametric unexpectedly'

would clarify the issue.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:FV)

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:KB_9753804)

Per default Creo reads in install…/text/creoTk.dat, at your Home Dir and your start Dir for that file (creoTk.dat). You can also use each config.pro file in that locations to specify the path to that creoTk.dat.

Top Tags