cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to modify repeat region relation by considering non-repeat region content ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

How to modify repeat region relation by considering non-repeat region content ?

Hi,

I want to change part number as per reference drawing number i.e. if reference drawing is not as "-" (dash) then keep part number as it is but if ref. drw number having any part number other than "-" then add "N" to the part number.

pls can someone help me to achieve this by repeat region relation / protoolkit.

as shown in below snap SR.No, Part No., QTY, Description are part of repeat region and REF. DRW NO. is not part of repeat region (updated manually)

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

3 REPLIES 3

Repeat region functions don't have access to non-repeat region information. You can create Component parameters in the assembly and add those to the repeat region and use their values in in repeat region relations.

See About_User_Parameters for how to add Component parameters to the assembly. These do not add to the parts that are in the assembly, but are added to each assembly member. As a result, if a component is used multiple times, you will need to add them to each place they appear in the model tree. Component parameters are seen only in the assembly they are created in.

I forget the syntax for the reference in the table, but it will be something like asm.mbr.PARAMETER.value. Time spent figuring out (understanding) repeat region references will be worthwhile as the documentation for them is poor.

If this is a frequent need, add the parameter REF_DRAWING_NUMBER to the individual components as Part or Assembly parameters within the individual parts or assemblies and they will be available for all the assemblies they are used in.

Hi,

Thanks for response.

Actually, we have all components in PLM (released) so we are not able to checkout and checkin. So i am trying with this method. As reference drawing number we are having in text file and we are putting its value by protoolkit programme.

Therefore, i am looking some another workaround without updating individual CAD. Is it possible by ProToolkit programme ?

I think it may possible by creating runtime relation by toolkit programme, but not able to get exact way.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

The method I mentioned doesn't change the components and don't require them to be checked-out or individually changed. It only changes the assembly that the repeat region references.

Top Tags