cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to parse XML using Pro/Toolkit underlying XercesC library

fpradier-3
1-Newbie

How to parse XML using Pro/Toolkit underlying XercesC library

Hi all,

I've to parse an XML file within Pro/Toolkit application (C/C++ based of course)

Xercesc libraries are included in toolkit distribution but unfortunatly headers are not

I've also tried to use windows "native" MSXML but I can't include <msxml.h> without error from my Visual C++ project configured to build Creo auxiliary apps

Any help/suggestion will be appreciated

Regards,

Fred

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Fred,
I have had to do the exact same thing in the past. What I did was ask PTC technical support what version of XercesC was used for my particular version of Pro/TOOLKIT. Then I downloaded that specific version of XercesC and included the headers...and I think I even included the libs. Then my Pro/TOOLKIT program would compile successfully.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CDD6AB.182E1F80]

In our Pro/TOOLKIT projects we use the XML functionalities of the platform independent POCO C++ Libraries (http://pocoproject.org/).

In Reply to Frédéric PRADIER:

Hi all,

I've to parse an XML file within Pro/Toolkit application (C/C++ based of course)

Xercesc libraries are included in toolkit distribution but unfortunatly headers are not

I've also tried to use windows "native" MSXML but I can't include <msxml.h> without error from my Visual C++ project configured to build Creo auxiliary apps

Any help/suggestion will be appreciated

Regards,

Fred

Thanks Patrick,

I will do the same ; currently it's Xerces 2.8.0 for Creo 2.0

Regards,

Fred

Let us know how it goes. The last time I did this was for Wildfire 3.0 (I forget the compatible version of XercesC).

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CDD6AB.CDB204C0]

What a cool day, this post goes back to front

Just to tell you that I finally link with Xerces 2.8.0 for Creo 2.0 for this development and it works fine

For another customization, you use to LibXML2 from xmlsoft.org and it also works fine

If you have other experience, please send feeback

I'm just finishing up my first Pro/Toolkit project using XML data files. I had no idea that Creo Parametric used Xerces C++ internally. I checked the DLL's in Creo 3.0 M050 and found xercesc280mt.dll, which implies that Creo 3.0 also uses Xerces 2.8.0. I'm glad that Frédéric got Xerces to work for him.

For my project, I downloaded of Xerces C++, 3.1.2, which was released in March 2015. It linked it with my Pro/Toolkit application and supported SAX2 parsing, DOM parsing, schema validation and XInclude. This project has had 10 test deployments so far, so I don't expect to find any compatibility issues between Xerces C++ 3.1.2 and either Creo 2.0 or Creo 3.0.

Supporting XML data in your application is a lot of work, especially the first time you do it. If you're going to invest that time, it's a good idea to get the latest version your project can support. The Apache Software Foundation, which produces Xerces, states at the bottom of the Xerces C++ Homepage that versions 2.8.0 and earlier are no longer supported.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Top Tags