cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Inserting Drawing Sheet from other drawing

rrangaswamy
1-Newbie

Inserting Drawing Sheet from other drawing

Hi all,

we have two assembly models A & B.

One sub assembly ( called as C) is placed in both A & B.

Drawing of assembly 'A' contains muiltple sheets. In one of the sheet contains only the details of sub assy 'C'.

we need to have the same details of C in B drawing sheet also.

Is it possible to insert a sheet from other drawings ? if so, please help me to do that.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have resolved my issue by using the following option

Untitled.jpg

Thanks for your efforts

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

In WF 5, Edit ->Copy From Other Drawing. It opens a menu that allows copying detail items or entire sheets.

Thanks David.

I need to have the entire sheet including the 'C' part Drawing views along with dimensions. It it possible?

Also I am using CREO 2.0

I have resolved my issue by using the following option

Untitled.jpg

Thanks for your efforts

Good to see you found the other, more correctly labeled, import function.

For others who find this thread: Edit ->Copy From Other Drawing, Entire Sheet is mislabeled by the PTC drafting development group. It only copies the draft items on the drawing sheet - not the format,. views, or the models. The help line that says 'Copy all the items on the current sheet' is wrong. This is a stupidly conceived function to have as one should be able to "Copy" from the source drawing and "Paste" to the destination if all that is wanted are draft items.

What users really want is a way to copy entire sheets - meaning draft entities, dimensions, views, and related models - including the ability to convert any Projected or Detail views to General views without also appending models, symbols, and sheets that aren't desired.

Appending a drawing in its entirety is also available in WF5 in a similar location: Layout Tab-> Insert <dropdown> -> Import Drawing/Data. I had skipped mentioning it because it adds the extra models and sheets, but it seems the unwanted items are also unavoidable.

Top Tags