cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Model shading issues

MN_10408431
2-Guest

Model shading issues

I had a glitch with my wireless mouse on my computer which caused it to erratically move my cursor and click. After I got my mouse disconnected and my computer back under control, all the faces on all my models seem to be permanently stuck in something that looks like the shaded curvature view, with seemingly no way to get the shading back to normal. There is also intermittently a black screen that replaces the entire view window.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

How can I get back to my default view settings? I tried resetting everything to default in options -> System Appearance, but this does not fix the problem. I am running Creo 10

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

it is better to publish your video as attachment. When you embed it into text then it is not available for a long time.

Martin Hanák

Sorry about that. Attaching

@MN_10408431 wrote:

I had a glitch with my wireless mouse on my computer which caused it to erratically move my cursor and click. After I got my mouse disconnected and my computer back under control, all the faces on all my models seem to be permanently stuck in something that looks like the shaded curvature view, with seemingly no way to get the shading back to normal. There is also intermittently a black screen that replaces the entire view window.

How can I get back to my default view settings? I tried resetting everything to default in options -> System Appearance, but this does not fix the problem. I am running Creo 10

Hi,

Tip no. 1:

Problem is related to wireless mouse ... uninstall all software related to wireless mouse

Test Creo ... if problem disappears then it is caused by software related to wireless mouse

Tip no. 2:

Problem is related to graphic card drivers.

Use procedure shown in attached video.

config.pro option for testing purposes, only ... graphics win32_gdi

Test Creo ... if problem disappears then it is caused by graphic card drivers. Remove graphics win32_gdi from config.pro and try installing different version of graphic card drivers (sometimes it is necessary to install older version, not the latest one

Martin Hanák
Top Tags