cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Need Help with Toolkit Makefile

MH_10366957
9-Granite

Need Help with Toolkit Makefile

I have copied everything from the protoolkit folder found at the location C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 8.0.5.0\Common Files\protoolkit into C:\Temp\creo for ease of use. 

I have edited the PROTOOL_SRC to reflect this but when I try to build this file in Visual Studio 2022, I get these errors (Below is my make_file

# Machine Type
PRO_MACHINE_TYPE = x86e_win64

# Executable names
EXE = pt_inst_test.exe
EXE_DLL = pt_inst_test.dll

# Pro/Toolkit Source & Machine Loadpoint (EXTERNAL USE - DEFAULT)
PROTOOL_src=C:/Temp/creo
PROTOOL_SYS = $(PROTOOL_SRC)/$(PRO_MACHINE_TYPE)

# Pro/Toolkit Source & Machine Loadpoint (PTC INTERNAL USE)
#PROTOOL_src=$(PTCSRC)/protoolkit
#PROTOOL_SYS = $(PTCSYS)

Error.PNG

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated

9 REPLIES 9
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:MH_10366957)

makefile syntax is case sensitive. most likely the problem is with PROTOOL_src ( should be PROTOOL_SRC).

although the error message is about 'stdio.h' which means nmake.exe does not know about standard include directory locations - the usual checks - make sure your command prompt environment is set by 'x64 Native Tools Command Prompt', visual studio installer should be using 'C++ Desktop...' workflow. 

MH_10366957
9-Granite
(To:FV)

I have it set as PROTOOL_src=C:/Temp/creo, however I am getting the same error. I also have the Visual studio installer using the C++ Desktop workflow. I believe that I enabled the x64 Native Tools command prompt. Is it possible that this error is being generated because I am using Visual Studio Community?

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

Community edition should not be a problem.

There is a possibility that Windows 10 SDK is missing from the list of installed options - in 'x64 Native...' command prompt check environment variables: %INCLUDE%, %LIB%, %LIBPATH% , %WindowsSdkDIr%- and see if stdio.h file could be found in %INCLUDE%. The common location for stdio.h is in %WindowsSdkDir%Include\%WindowsSDKLibVersion%\ucrt and that directory must be listed in %INCLUDE%.

MH_10366957
9-Granite

NotWorking.PNG

None of those commands are working in the Native Tools Command Prompt for me

You can see in the below picture that I am able to use the stdio.h header file and I am able to compile this code successfully.

Working.PNG

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

open x64... command prompt

type 'echo %LIB%' , ( no quote marks), press 'Enter' key.

type 'echo %INCLUDE%' and so on...

MH_10366957
9-Granite

I do have the stdio.h file as can be seen below in the highlighted picture

echo.PNG

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

running from the copied 'obj' directory.

works fine without any modifications to make_install file:

ptc_make_install_1.JPG

works fine with 'PROTOOL_SRC' set to the absolute path in make_install file:

ptc_make_install_2.JPG

remy
21-Topaz I

Hi maybe this is too obvious but did you try nmake without moving everything in the first place?

Top Tags