cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Not able to see" Edit definition " option in model tree, after assembling component in assembly using toolkit API (ProAsmcompAssemble) and constraining using ProAsmcompConstraintsSet

mwaghmode
1-Newbie

Not able to see" Edit definition " option in model tree, after assembling component in assembly using toolkit API (ProAsmcompAssemble) and constraining using ProAsmcompConstraintsSet

Hi ,

I am using "ProAsmcompAssemble" to assemble part in assembly and "ProAsmcompConstraintsSet" to constrain it.

It is working perfectly file , but when i need to change the constrain i am not able to see the" Edit Definition" option available.

which happen  when we assemble part manually/interactively in Creo.

All the options are not available op right click.

Please refer attached snap for more detail.

Can anybody suggest the solution.

Thanks in Advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Maybe another component is active? Make sure the top assembly is active when you try to Edit Definition.

Or when you add a model without constraints as "first feature", then you cannot redefine it as well.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:mwaghmode)

Hi all,

Manoj, it is impossible to figure out what is going on without seeing the source code snippet. The component is in a 'placed' state and most likely it is an incomplete feature (judging from the model tree picture) and therefore redefinition is not allowed, whatever you did with ProAsmcompConstraintsSet did not work. The good failure investigation tool is to output an elemtree of the component in question to xml via ProElemtreeWrite and to examine the resulting xml data. Most likely you'll find out the constraints section is missing.

Feliks.

Top Tags