cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ProDtlattachAlloc() and note leader referencing an axis on a drawing

AndreasHellmann
3-Visitor

ProDtlattachAlloc() and note leader referencing an axis on a drawing

Hello,

I have a question regarding 2D notes with attachment to an axis. I am talking about drawing notes - not 3D annotations!

See attached screenshot.

I am able to create a note with a leader attachment to a point or an axis.

My problem: The attachment to the axis cannot be easily modified by the user after creation. When you create this type of note with Pro/E manually, you are able to move the leader along the axis by simply dragging the attachment point. The notes/leaders created with Toolkit can be modified only byusing the command"modify attach" on the note.

Does anyone of you has ever done this?

What I already tried:

With PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_OFFSET my Attachpoint is the leader attach point in screen coords (z==0) and Selection contains the view, the item selection and the UV parameter==0.5 to attache the leader to the center of the axis:

ProDtlattachAlloc (PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_OFFSET, NULL, AttachPoint, Selection, &hLeaderAttachment);

With PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_PARAMETRIC my selection contains the view, the point coords AND the UV parameter:

ProDtlattachAlloc (PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_PARAMETRIC, NULL, NULL, Selection, &hLeaderAttachment);

Thanks for any tips,

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Am Wartfeld 7
D-61169 Friedberg

phone: +49 151 21259910
mail: -

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi all,

Andreas,

ProView drw_view;

ProSelection axis_sel;

axis_sel has to be from ProSelect while in a drawing.You could also build aselectionfrom the known axis' ProAsmcomppath and ProGeomitem. In this case you wouldneed to calculatemidpoint of anaxis in the owner model coordinates and use ProSelectionPoint3dSet as well as ProSelectionUVParamSet where UV should be {0.5 , 0}. You would also need a drawing view handle to use in ProSelectionViewSet.

This is what I would use for ProDtlattachAlloc arguments:

ProDtlattachAlloc( PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_PARAMETRIC, NULL, NULL, axis_sel, &attach);

(This is working in Creo2)

HIH.

Feliks.

In Reply to Andreas Hellmann:

Hello,

I have a question regarding 2D notes with attachment to an axis. I am talking about drawing notes - not 3D annotations!

See attached screenshot.

I am able to create a note with a leader attachment to a point or an axis.

My problem: The attachment to the axis cannot be easily modified by the user after creation. When you create this type of note with Pro/E manually, you are able to move the leader along the axis by simply dragging the attachment point. The notes/leaders created with Toolkit can be modified only byusing the command"modify attach" on the note.

Does anyone of you has ever done this?

What I already tried:

With PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_OFFSET my Attachpoint is the leader attach point in screen coords (z==0) and Selection contains the view, the item selection and the UV parameter==0.5 to attache the leader to the center of the axis:

ProDtlattachAlloc (PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_OFFSET, NULL, AttachPoint, Selection, &hLeaderAttachment);

With PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_PARAMETRIC my selection contains the view, the point coords AND the UV parameter:

ProDtlattachAlloc (PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_PARAMETRIC, NULL, NULL, Selection, &hLeaderAttachment);

Thanks for any tips,

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
Am Wartfeld 7
D-61169 Friedberg

Hi Feliks,

thanks for your answer. Today I was able to do some tests.

I am not able to create a leader to an axis AND THEN MOVE THE ATTACHMENT ALONG THE AXIS.
Using an edge or surface as reference for the leader attachment, then it works.
Here's my code (see attachment), just in case somebody has any ideas - I will open a case at PTC's customer support.

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
Am Wartfeld 7
D-61169 Friedberg

Top Tags