cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Qt & Pro/Toolkit

VitaliyTimoshen
1-Newbie

Qt & Pro/Toolkit

Is it possible make interface of utility in Qt and put Pro/toolkit functionality in it? I want that my small program be able in any OS or even have chance for programming in open platform. (WMD )

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Yes it is possible but I would not recommend it. Why not use the ProUIDialog APIs and the resource file to create a dialog? This is definitely a cross OS way to do a UI.

Patrick Williams

Look on IDE:

First of all it's free (not compeatly in all sense, but I can basicly work on it). VS Express work only 30 days (plus all problems with licenses of my program & a lot of other). It's minimum stupid, maximum unlawfully operation - ask people use something else that cost money for use all instruments of your program.

Also,

Qt better a lot, beauty, wider, more open, better development instrument... a lot more. Qt it's a future. PTC need understand it now, tommorow will be late.

Yesterday PTC support Linux. Today PTC support Solaris. Tommorow only Windows. I don't like it.

Normally it's a problem of PTC that they support only Microsoft VS & only Windows in future. I see regress in this bias.

Ok. Anyway, thanks. Could you or anybody else show "make file" for compile starting (training-test) program in Qt?

Top Tags