cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Require JLink ActionListener tied to integrated web browser

potterscott
1-Newbie

Require JLink ActionListener tied to integrated web browser

SW Version: Wildefire 5.0 with JLink

Problem: I would like to run some custom JLink code whenever a ProE user submits a web page request using the integrated browser(for purposes such as Pro/Intralink). Ideally I would like some sort of an ActionListener that would execute whenever a web page is request is submitted.

I have investigated several approaches, none of which seem to solve this problem:

1) I tried using the DefaultUICommandBracketListener approach, but this seems to only work for core ProE commands, and does not seem to include any commands associated with the integrated browser.

2) I explored adding actionListeners directly on menu selections and buttons, but this seems to only be applicable if one is adding a new button to the menus. I dont see any way for me to hook into any existing menu buttons.

3) The trail files contain limited information on web site URLs, but dont include any timestamps. I could write an external program that constantly monitors the trail file and searches for messages that the browser has been used, but this seems inefficient and prone to errors is the user has the trail file detailed reporting disabled.

4) The web_history.xml file just contains a tally of web sites that have been visited which is only updated when the user exists ProE, and therefore in insufficient to generate the events I am interested in.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to run some custom JLink code whenever a web page is submitted with the ProE integrated browser is appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags