cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Setting Color of a Drawing Note in Toolkit API

msteffke
12-Amethyst

Setting Color of a Drawing Note in Toolkit API

I have a program that updates drwing notes per regen.  If a note loses it reference I want to change color.   Theres a colorset function, but I am struggling to set up a ProColor datatype.   Does anyone have an example of setting up a ProColor datatype. ?      Thanks for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:msteffke)

Let me close this topic out:  The original question was that I wanted to change a note color, there are functions to do that but you need to set up a ProColor datatype.   I found the definition confusing with a union, and colormap threw me as well, if I wanted to use different ColorMethods.   

typedef struct pro_color { ProColorMethod method; union { ProColortype type; ProColormap map; } value; } ProColor;

There are not many examples of setting up but eventually found a couple buried in functions I wasnt using. 

To set color to a standard Creo  using color type:    ProColorType is an enum with defined values for standard Creo colors.

ProColor MyColor;

MyColor.method = PRO_COLOR_METHOD_TYPE;

MyColor.value.type = PRO_COLOR_LETTER;
err = ProDtlnotedataColorSet(notedata, &MyColor);

To define a custom color ( I wanted magenta) 

MyColor.method = PRO_COLOR_METHOD_RGB;
MyColor.value.map.red = 1.0;
MyColor.value.map.green = 0;
MyColor.value.map.blue = 1.0;

As I stated in previous post you can use RGB chart.  Most softwares use values 0 to 255,    Creo uses 0 to 1, just compress the 255 values to terms of one. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

Function:

FV_1-1678320735886.png

example:

FV_0-1678320677468.png

msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:FV)

My issue was more concerned dealing with the Color structure, the fact that it contains Union,  and how to manipulate as I could find few examples. 

typedef enum pro_color_method
{
    PRO_COLOR_METHOD_DEFAULT,
    PRO_COLOR_METHOD_TYPE,
    PRO_COLOR_METHOD_RGB
} ProColorMethod;

typedef struct pro_color
{
    ProColorMethod method;
    union {
	ProColortype type;
	ProColormap map;
    } value;
} ProColor;
 color.method = PRO_COLOR_METHOD_TYPE;
    color.value.type = (ProColortype)color_index;

I did finally find an example of setting up and RGB example and it was pretty simple.  With MyColor as a ProColor, I wanted to change a note to Cyan so I used the following lines to set up my Color varaiable.:

MyColor.value.map.red = 0;
MyColor.value.map.green = 1.0;

using this RGB color chart to help me figure out values,  In Creo rgb values go from 0 to 1 as opposed to 0 to 255

msteffke_0-1678367968327.png

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

divide an integer value from color dialog box by maximum possible value ( double 255.0). cast result to double.

msteffke
12-Amethyst

Let me close this topic out:  The original question was that I wanted to change a note color, there are functions to do that but you need to set up a ProColor datatype.   I found the definition confusing with a union, and colormap threw me as well, if I wanted to use different ColorMethods.   

typedef struct pro_color { ProColorMethod method; union { ProColortype type; ProColormap map; } value; } ProColor;

There are not many examples of setting up but eventually found a couple buried in functions I wasnt using. 

To set color to a standard Creo  using color type:    ProColorType is an enum with defined values for standard Creo colors.

ProColor MyColor;

MyColor.method = PRO_COLOR_METHOD_TYPE;

MyColor.value.type = PRO_COLOR_LETTER;

To define a custom color ( I wanted magenta) 

MyColor.value.map.red = 1.0;
MyColor.value.map.green = 0;

As I stated in previous post you can use RGB chart.  Most softwares use values 0 to 255,    Creo uses 0 to 1, just compress the 255 values to terms of one. 

Top Tags