cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

VB API connection issu to Creo M150 on Window 8

ldutoit
5-Regular Member

VB API connection issu to Creo M150 on Window 8

Hi,

Currently we use VB api desktop application to connect to Creo M150. We've not had issues with our users using Window 7 but for some reason we cannot establish a connection with users using Windows 8. The setup to our knowledge is the same:

1.Install Creo Parameteric  with the VB Toolkit

2.Install Creo vb API(Note:Need to install .NET framework 3.5 to install Creo API)

3.Set PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE environment variable

4.Register comm server by running the vb_api_register.bat file located at [proe_loadpoint]/bin.

5.Start Creo Parameteric

6. Startup Creo VB API and establish connection to Creo Parameteric

For some reason Step 6 where the connection is established does not work? Why would that be? I did see that in the Task Manager  pfclscom.exe process does not run for my Win 8 users. So I suspect the issue is with registering the COMM server in step 4?. After Creo API fails to establish connection with Creo Parametric an error message box is thrown noting the following: "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID{456E)!!)-2031-3907-AFE5-9201C97A915E} failed due to the following error:80040154"

Thanks for any help in advance.Much appreciated

regards

Lourens du Toit

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
ldutoit
5-Regular Member
(To:ldutoit)

Hi so I found out that it is the C:\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\vb_api_register.bat that is faling to register the pfclscom.exe. For some reason in Windows 8 the command - "%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%MC%\obj\pfclscom.exe" ./regserver- in vb_api_register.bat fails. Windows 7 has no issues with the same vb_api_register.bat file. I've been able to register the pfclscom.exe manually via the cmd for now. I don't know if there is any type of Windows rights issue that prevents me from registering via the vb_api_register.bat file? Any comments on how to fix this maybe so that I don't have to do it manually for each of our 70 Designers?

Top Tags