cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Wf4 - 64bit

ptc-4295502
1-Newbie

Wf4 - 64bit

Hello, I'm developing a full asyncronous application for Wildfire 4.
I've successfully compiled and linked everything on my 32 bit machine, but i can't link for a 64 bit machine: i can't get rid of this error

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'comsuppw.lib'

I'm using the Windows Server 2003 64-bit Build Environment of the Platform SDK:
These are the libraries :

e:\Programmi\ptc\PROEWILDFIRE4.0_M030\prodevelop/x86e_win64/obj/prodevmt.lib
e:\Programmi\ptc\PROEWILDFIRE4.0_M030\protoolkit/x86e_win64/obj/protkmt.lib
e:\Programmi\ptc\PROEWILDFIRE4.0_M030\protoolkit/x86e_win64/obj/ptasyncmt.lib
bufferoverflowu.lib libcmt.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib wsock32.lib advapi32.lib mpr.lib winspool.lib netapi32.lib
psapi.lib gdi32.lib shell32.lib comdlg32.lib ole32.lib e:\JavaArchive\jdk1.6.0_17_64\lib\jvm.lib

Here are the compiler flags (includes are not listed) (Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.40310.41 for AMD64)

cl /MT /TC -c /wd4430 -fp:precise -DUSE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE -DPRO_USE_VAR_ARGS -DPRO_USE_VAR_ARG -D_USE_32BIT_TIME_T -DWILDFIRE_4 /Od /Z7 /DDEBUG -DPRO_MACHINE=36 -DPRO_OS=4

And these are the linker flags (Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.40310.39)

link /nodefaultlib:libcpmt.lib /subsystem:console -out:e:\Progetti\attivi\installazione\lib\64bit\jprotoolkit.exe /dll /debug /machine:amd64 @longline.list

Did anyone ever experienced the same problem?

Thanks,

Pietro Bianco

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Pietro,

You need to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 for Wildfire 4. In the
configuration manager, you can change from 32 to 64 bit builds.

Bob

Bob Monat
Jerand Technical Services, Inc.
bob@jerand.com
www.jerand.com
1-317-875-6087

Top Tags