cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

j link async connection NMSD port issue

Jekaterina
6-Contributor

j link async connection NMSD port issue

Hello All,

Trying to connect with Creo using:

AsyncConnection proe = pfcAsyncConnection.AsyncConnection_Connect(null, null, null, new Integer(30));

but receiving toolkit not found exception.

After analyzing, the NMSD port is being started in custom port (11239) instead of default port value (1239).

Is it possible to tell AsyncConnection to use custom port (11239).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello  Martin Hanak,

I have contacted the PTC technical support, as per their suggestion;

When we call Asynchronous application the PTCNMSPORT needs to be set as same as the one which we set during the launch of the Creo.

For example:

I can create a batch script and set the PTCNMSPORT and call My asynchronous application.

Similarly we can set this PTCNMSPORT value in IDE environment variable settings of the project.

Now issue has been addressed. Thanks for the support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

1] What Creo version do you use ?

2] check the output of two following command propmt commands ... results must be equal

hostname

echo %COMPUTERNAME%

3] kill nmsd.exe process

4] check the contents of parametric.psf file ... NMSD port can be set in it

Martin Hanák

Hello  Martin Hanak,

Thanks for Your reply,

I have tried the steps you have mentioned.

1. Creo 4.0 M140
  2. Both variables shows the same values.
  3. Killed the nmsd.exe process

Our IT admins managing the Creo startup batch script, They have set the PTCNMSPORT value to specific port (to avoid conflicts) in the batch script and calls the parametric.exe.

So whenever we launch the Creo, the custom PTCNMSPORT will be set and nmsd.exe will use that port.

And we notice that Async connection gets failed and throws ToolKitnotfound error when nmsd.exe uses the custom port value.

But when nmsd.exe connects to default port 1239, it works perfectly.

Is there any way to pass the host or port value in jlink asynchronus method.

Or any other suggestion would be better to connect existing Creo session using Jlink asynchronus method.

Thanks You....

@Jekaterina wrote:

Hello  Martin Hanak,

Thanks for Your reply,

I have tried the steps you have mentioned.

1. Creo 4.0 M140
  2. Both variables shows the same values.
  3. Killed the nmsd.exe process

Our IT admins managing the Creo startup batch script, They have set the PTCNMSPORT value to specific port (to avoid conflicts) in the batch script and calls the parametric.exe.

So whenever we launch the Creo, the custom PTCNMSPORT will be set and nmsd.exe will use that port.

And we notice that Async connection gets failed and throws ToolKitnotfound error when nmsd.exe uses the custom port value.

But when nmsd.exe connects to default port 1239, it works perfectly.

Is there any way to pass the host or port value in jlink asynchronus method.

Or any other suggestion would be better to connect existing Creo session using Jlink asynchronus method.

Thanks You....

Hi,

forward this description to PTC Support. Maybe they will be able to help you.

Martin Hanák

Hello  Martin Hanak,

I have contacted the PTC technical support, as per their suggestion;

When we call Asynchronous application the PTCNMSPORT needs to be set as same as the one which we set during the launch of the Creo.

For example:

I can create a batch script and set the PTCNMSPORT and call My asynchronous application.

Similarly we can set this PTCNMSPORT value in IDE environment variable settings of the project.

Now issue has been addressed. Thanks for the support.

Top Tags