cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

protk_unlock returns "ERROR: No Creo licenses are available for the startup command specified "

nlingaraju
3-Visitor

protk_unlock returns "ERROR: No Creo licenses are available for the startup command specified "

Hi All,

i am able to build protk_install_example from visual studio 15, when ever i tried to unlock application using 

"<creo_loadpoint>/<datecode>/Parametric/bin/protk_unlock.bat  < DLLs (which is created using VS 2015)>" 

using command prompt. i am getting error "No Creo licenses are available for the startup command specified"
how can i solve this error issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:nlingaraju)

First, are you sure that you have access to a ProToolkit license? This is separate from a normal Creo Parametric license. If you have access to your company's license server, you can check if you have licenses with code 14 (ProToolkit) and 294 (Object Toolkit). If you do not have these licenses, you will not be able to unlock the DLL.

Untitled.png

You can also quickly test if you have access to those licenses by adding them to your ".psf" file. Located at (something along the lines of) 

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M010\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf

You can change the line

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_ESP1 ()

to instead say 

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_ESP1 (14 294)

When changed this way, Creo will check out the Toolkit license to you alone so that you can use it during your Creo session (super helpful for debugging).

If the above works, and you DO have access to a Creo license, then I would suggest that you check your "protk_unlock.bat" is pointing to the correct license server.  In Creo 4, this is around line 50 in the .bat file.

if NOT "%PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE%" == "" set PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE=<XXXXXX>;%PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE%
      if "%PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE%" == "" set PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE=<XXXXXX>
	  set ZIP_EXEC=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\obj\zip.exe
      "%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%MC%\obj\protk_unlock" %*
      :ptc_end
      exit /B %ERRORLEVEL%

Compare that line with the line in your parametric.psf file in the same directory: 

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=<XXXXXX>

If you're still having a problem at that point, there could be other reasons as well.... for example, if you use a function/method that requires an additional license ("Toolkit for 3D Drawings", or "Toolkit for Mechanica" are two common examples). 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks, 
James Sullivan

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:nlingaraju)

First, are you sure that you have access to a ProToolkit license? This is separate from a normal Creo Parametric license. If you have access to your company's license server, you can check if you have licenses with code 14 (ProToolkit) and 294 (Object Toolkit). If you do not have these licenses, you will not be able to unlock the DLL.

Untitled.png

You can also quickly test if you have access to those licenses by adding them to your ".psf" file. Located at (something along the lines of) 

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M010\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf

You can change the line

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_ESP1 ()

to instead say 

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_ESP1 (14 294)

When changed this way, Creo will check out the Toolkit license to you alone so that you can use it during your Creo session (super helpful for debugging).

If the above works, and you DO have access to a Creo license, then I would suggest that you check your "protk_unlock.bat" is pointing to the correct license server.  In Creo 4, this is around line 50 in the .bat file.

if NOT "%PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE%" == "" set PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE=<XXXXXX>;%PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE%
      if "%PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE%" == "" set PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE=<XXXXXX>
	  set ZIP_EXEC=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\obj\zip.exe
      "%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%MC%\obj\protk_unlock" %*
      :ptc_end
      exit /B %ERRORLEVEL%

Compare that line with the line in your parametric.psf file in the same directory: 

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=<XXXXXX>

If you're still having a problem at that point, there could be other reasons as well.... for example, if you use a function/method that requires an additional license ("Toolkit for 3D Drawings", or "Toolkit for Mechanica" are two common examples). 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks, 
James Sullivan

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com

James,

Thanks. It helped me partially. The license entry on my psf file shows. protoolkit_License_Entry.PNGI do not see an entry "PROE_ESP1"..

My license server is also configured right. I cross verified. I still get the same error. 

Top Tags