cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Import Data Doctor (IDD) in WF4

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Import Data Doctor (IDD) in WF4

Can anyone give me a quick guide to fixing gaps in an imported IGES/STEP using IDD in WF4?

I'm sure there used to be a simple option, "Zip Gaps" where you set a maximum gap size and hit "Go".

Now there's Modify, Featurize and Repair modes; Define Gap doesn't seem to want to select the loose edges I've got; and Repair doesn't appear to do anything useful at all.

Clues, anyone?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Okay, I've now found a link in another discussion to the How-To:

http://download.ptc.com/tutorials/wf4/whats-new/tutorial_3257/index.htm

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. I've Searched for my Gap, Added it to the Wireframe (and I can now Query Select it as a "Wireframe Gap") but the Repair button doesn't fix it...

I've had the same issue. I had an IDD 96% complete and couldnt figure out the IDD in WF4 so i opened in WF3, automatic repair and in 20 seconds I had a solid file. I placed a call with PTC to tell me how to fix that IGES file in under a minute with IDD. lets see what they say...

well here it is.. I had an "unattached protrusion" in my iges file as shown by the IDD's model tree. I had to combine and collpase all of it into one before the AUTOREPAIR could work. No documentation on that one.. I told PTC to write a TAN about it..

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags