cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

2 Simplified reps in same view- is it possible?

JohnK55
5-Regular Member

2 Simplified reps in same view- is it possible?

Is it possible to show 2 reps in the same section view?

My client has a number of legacy drawings which show a cross section of a hydraulic cylinder, one half of the view  shows the piston at rest & the other half shows the piston at full stroke, is there a way of replicating this in Creo?

The legacy drawings were created on an old 2D CAD system, but  they want the new drawings to replicate the old drawings.

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:JohnK55)

The only "trick" I can think of, and I've not done this myself so it might be a dumb idea, is to actually have two views, one with the 1st rep, the other with the 2nd. Define them as partial views, each showing the "half" of the assembly you want, then align them to lie over each other.

Again, I've not tried this and it might be nonsense, but that's what I'd try first.

rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:JohnK55)

In the past I have dealt with this kind of thing by using a technique called "overloading" the assembly. Basically assemble the piston twice. At that time our normal course of design was to almost always work in simplified reps. It works well for a small number of parts like the piston or perhaps a small assembly to include rings, connecting rod, etc.

Top Tags