cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creating Bendy Arrows (Leaders,) Putting a Break in Arrow Line (Creo 2.0)

wjamieson
4-Participant

Creating Bendy Arrows (Leaders,) Putting a Break in Arrow Line (Creo 2.0)

I am trying to replicate a note leader with bends in it, as seen in the attached drawing "bendy.PNG."

I also would like to know how to make a brief break in an arrow line, an example of which can be seen in the attached drawing "break.PNG."

Does anybody know how to do either or both of these operations in Creo 2.0's drawing mode? I appreciate any help anyone may be able to offer.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Actually there it is in the menu under the annotate tab and in the Annotations section...JOG and BREAK.

You can break a leader line too. Select the icon (jog or break) and then select the item you want to jog or break. then pick on the leader where you want the jog or break

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:wjamieson)

For the "bendy" leader, select leader and with the mouse over the leader line, right click and hold for the right mouse button menu, there is an insert jog in that menu. Don't have a clue if that is anywhere else in the menus.

I never "break" the leader line as you have shown (and I don't think you can), I always break the witness line of the dimension. Select the dimension and then with the mouse over the witness line, right click and hold to get the right mouse button menu up and select insert break.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Actually there it is in the menu under the annotate tab and in the Annotations section...JOG and BREAK.

You can break a leader line too. Select the icon (jog or break) and then select the item you want to jog or break. then pick on the leader where you want the jog or break

wjamieson
4-Participant

Thanks so much for your help!

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:wjamieson)

I don't know what standard you are working to, but ASME Y14.5-1994 page 7 says:

1.7.1.4 Crossing Dimension Lines. Crossing dimension lines should be avoided. Where unavoidable,

the dimension lines are unbroken.

1.7.2.1 Crossing Extension Lines. Wherever practicable, extension lines should neither cross one another nor cross dimension lines. To minimize such crossings, the shortest dimension line is shown nearest the outline of the object. See Fig. l-7. Where extension lines must cross other extension lines, dimension lines, or lines depicting features, they are not broken. Where extension lines cross arrowheads or dimension lines close to arrowheads, a break in the extension line is permissible.

I can't find it in the standard, but I was always taught that you should never break the arrow line. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, so no doubt you can come up with a good reason to break it. At any rate, not adding breaks is a whole lot easier than adding them, and here is justification for not doing it!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JLG)

Agreed. BUT, every one of those say SHOULD instead of SHALL so they are just suggestions...haha.

I had that same argument here, someone was trying to force me to add breaks on all the extension lines and leader line crossings. I used the same quotes as above and won that argument.

Sometimes it just looks better with a break, when I'm feeling artsy.

Top Tags