cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Is there an export format that will maintain Creo/Elements Pro lighting and scene information within a free viewer tool.

SamGilow
1-Newbie

Is there an export format that will maintain Creo/Elements Pro lighting and scene information within a free viewer tool.

Greetings all,

I would like to find a 3D export format that will maintain the light and scene information from Creo/Elements Pro when opened in a free viewer tool such as Creo View Express or Adobe Acrobat 9.

I have tried .U3D files which apperently should contain the lighting and scene information but Ive been unable to find a free program to open the file.

Does anyone have any ideas of a format that will do this and a free viewing tool to open the format?

Any information will help. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Hello!

Sam Gilow wrote:

...I have tried .U3D files which apperently should contain the lighting and scene information but Ive been unable to find a free program to open the file...

I discussed this topic here:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/164077

Sam,

The ability to export lighting information in JT files was added in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M080 and Creo 1.0 F000. JT files can be veiwed with JT2Go which is a free viewer.

Rosemary

Rosemary Astheimer wrote:

... JT files can be veiwed with JT2Go which is a free viewer....

And it can be found here (or on "JT2Go" Siemens page): JT2Go 8.3.2.

This information is exactly what I am looking for if it is true. And I certainly dont doubt you. But I am unable to get that functionality to work.

I downloaded and installed Creo Parametric 1.0 M020 then I attempted to save a model as a JT file. When the JT file is opened in JT2GO 8.3.2 the scene information is not the same as within the Creo model.

Is there any configurations or settings that I need to adjust in Creo or JT2GO for this to work properly?

Sam,

I've located the project confirms that this functionality should be available in Creo Parametric 1.0 M020. I've emailed my team to investigate. As soon as I have more information I will let you know.

Rosemary

Sam,

This SPR I was thinking of was regarding lighting effect in the color of the model. If you were referring to rendering with “scene information”, then this has not yet been implemented.

If you have any models (Creo and its JT output) we could take a look and provide more information.

Rosemary

Rosemary,

You have been very helpful in tracking down this specific information. Thank you for your efforts!

I do not require creating a final rendered output but, instead I just require to see the model on the screen with the lights shinning off the material of the model along with reflections of the surrounding scene just as I have it set up in Pro-E.

I would send you a model but I'm afraid for proprietary purposes I cannot . Although, I can explain what is in the model that I need to recreate in a light weight viewer.

It is simply a plate with a "Polished Stainless Steel" material applied in Pro-E. I adjust the lighting effect in a way that there is a "zebra stripe" sort of reflection "glaring" off the top surface of the plate. The scene is only used to help enhance the "glaring" effect with color.

Ideally I would like to be able to save the Pro-E views and even sections with the light weight model as well but that doesnt seem to be shown on JT2Go either . This is not a requirement though.

Again, thank you for your time and effort!

Sam

Sam Gilow wrote:

...I have tried .U3D files which apperently should contain the lighting and scene information but Ive been unable to find a free program to open the file...

So, links, and, also, the program "Deep View" (it's a free viewer for "U3D" file format) were updated, now it is called as "SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer" (in two variants: "Minimum" and "Complete"):

http://www.righthemisphere.com/support/downloads/

http://www.righthemisphere.com/deep_view_eula.php?type=minimum

http://www.righthemisphere.com/deep_view_eula.php?type=complete

Top Tags