cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Vertical Dimensions

szycha63
8-Gravel

Vertical Dimensions

Ability to place dimension along vertical direction

9 REPLIES 9
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:szycha63)

Show an example of what you are looking for.

Creo does not have this ability

vertical dimension with vertical "text" along vertical dimension lines

Solidworks

szycha63_0-1651518620668.png

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

That dimension does not comply with the requirements of ASME Y14.5-2018, paragraph 4.4.5.2 and figure 4-16.

and this is the reason to do not have this ability to save space and make drawings look better 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Over the years, I have been using PTC CAD products for over 20 years, the users have continuously asking PTC to make their drafting package create drawings that conform to international standards.

I have no real issue with them providing additional text placement options, but it should not be a default setting.

If you want PTC to consider this as an enhancement request, then create a new idea in the Creo Ideas page and fill out the 5 items required for an idea to be considered.

Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

Whatever your preference, before clicking the position of the dimension, right click and select orientation.

For an existing dimension, edit the properties of the dimension.

KotomEng_0-1651589474321.png

http://kotom.eng.free.fr

don't understand how you did it 

i did try to play with orientation nut its for orientation of dimension nit dimension text 

no I will NEVER do it because this form is as unfriendly like Creo it selves

if they are interested they should read this boards 

Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone

Sorry, I made a mistake. To change the orientation of the text, edit the properties of the dimensions:

Text Props > Orientation > Parallel

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
Top Tags