cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Add Tag description to MQTT values

HG_8438682
7-Bedrock

Add Tag description to MQTT values

Hi,

I've setup a MQTT client sending values from different Tags. Is there a way to add the Tag description as they are setup in the Device, to the MQTT message? I've already tried adding @|TAGDESCRIPTION| to the message but this is not recognized.

thanks

H.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@HG_8438682 

The Tag Description can be added to the MQTT message by adding the variable | DESCRIPTION|. There is no need to add the "@" symbol and "TAG" to the variable. Here is a link to page in the manual that covers the use of | DESCRIPTION|. Please note the | DESCRIPTION| variable can be found in the Advanced Template which  is a drop-down selection in the Message Format field.

https://www.kepware.com/getattachment/c5c35697-8a91-4273-8077-b28fe5d60d8c/iot-gateway-manual.pdf#page=37

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@HG_8438682 

The Tag Description can be added to the MQTT message by adding the variable | DESCRIPTION|. There is no need to add the "@" symbol and "TAG" to the variable. Here is a link to page in the manual that covers the use of | DESCRIPTION|. Please note the | DESCRIPTION| variable can be found in the Advanced Template which  is a drop-down selection in the Message Format field.

https://www.kepware.com/getattachment/c5c35697-8a91-4273-8077-b28fe5d60d8c/iot-gateway-manual.pdf#page=37

Thanks,

*Chris

Thanks @cmorehead

I found out that in v6.10 which I was running, the description can only be added in the Template field not in the Values field. As of v6.13 this should be solved and | DESCRIPTION| can be used both as Template & Expansion of Values.

thanks

H.

Top Tags