cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Device is not responding error but i can see tags data in Quick Client

Lo_ry96
8-Gravel

Device is not responding error but i can see tags data in Quick Client

Hello, 

I have this error : Device is not responding. | ID='xxxx(ip of the machine)' but when i launch Quick Client i can see data coming from tags. Anyone can help me with this ? I'm using ThingWorx Kepware Server 6 and this is happening only for machines that use Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet protocol 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
ntripathi
14-Alexandrite
(To:Lo_ry96)

Greetings @Lo_ry96 ,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to inform you that the cause of this error "Device is not responding" might be communication is blocked between networks.

Kindly follow the below steps to address this issue.

• Check with IT department that communication between networks is allowed to port 102 (default setting)
  • Note from the Siemens Ethernet driver documentation in chapter Device Properties - Communications Parameters
    • [...] In most cases, however, the PLC only accepts a connection on port 102/1099 and may require router forwarding
  • Besides port 102(default setting) no other port is needed to take care
    • Port 102(default setting) is the port the PLC is listening on and it's the only port needing to take care to make sure it's unblocked by the Firewall, Router, etc.
    • But the Kepware will use any free port to connect to port 102( in theory there is 65535 ports to choose from OS)
      • For this part it's nothing to do for setup communication between Kepware and target PLC

If you continue to experience issues, I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team. Here is a link to the my kepware login page where a ticket can submitted:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

Announcements

Top Tags