cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Disable tags when PLC is offline and re-activate when PLC is online.

NW_10639682
4-Participant

Disable tags when PLC is offline and re-activate when PLC is online.

We have a successful connection from KEPServer to a Siemens PLC using Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet. The only issue we are having is that when the PLC is powered off, we are filling up the KEPServer event log with hundreds of entries per hour. . Is there any way for KEPServer to deactivate the tags while the PLC if offline, and re-activate when the PLC is powered back up? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just to follow up on this, it looks like turning off the Advanced Tags stops the event log entries, so I'm looking at using the Trigger While Comparison is True trigger type on each advanced tag....I'll report back if it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PLC is acting as a client here and Kepware is attempting to poll the PLC data.

When the device comes online it will poll the data automatically, We can stop the event log entries by manually disabling 

Use a derived tag to check the quality and link that with the system-enabled bit (It may disable the device and will not come up online automatically ) 

Just to follow up on this, it looks like turning off the Advanced Tags stops the event log entries, so I'm looking at using the Trigger While Comparison is True trigger type on each advanced tag....I'll report back if it works.

I used the SecondsInError parameter as the basis for the condition. Worked fine

Hi NW_10639682,

Did you solve the problem? I have the same need and I was thinking of solving it via a FLIP-FLOP tag (the automation in this case sets the tag to 1 and the Kepware immediately sets it to 0, in this way the PLC knows that if the tag remains at 1 for a defined period of time the communication is not active), but the problem is that I 'm not aware of how to create automatic triggers on the Kepware side to replicate this structure.

Announcements

Top Tags