cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

KEPServerEX/ThingWorx Kepware Server Tag values that do not change are not logged

aetxeberria
10-Marble

KEPServerEX/ThingWorx Kepware Server Tag values that do not change are not logged

Hello,

We are using MFA, and we've configured a connection to Kepserver with an asset and remotely bound properties to Kepserver tags.

The connection pushes values every seconds (in monitoring section we view that we receive it every second), and we need to log those values even haven't changed. 

Remoted bound properties Data Change Type property is set to Always, but QueryPropertyHistory service does't show a value for every second, only the changes.

How can we get it?

Thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:aetxeberria)

Is kepserver actually sending the values?

Yes. Kepserver is sending values every seconds...but QueryNamedPropertyHistory shows this result:

aetxeberria_0-1666335011191.png

In monitoring section we can see that we are receiving values every seconds.

aetxeberria_1-1666336758205.png

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Can you show all the binding aspects please of the property and the binding itself.

It does look like if it is set to always, it should log each time, you can also try to set a subscription on the property and validate that it fires each update.

Worst comes to worse, if the subscription shows it firing properly, maybe use that to log the values.

This is the property definition and binding.

aetxeberria_1-1666610160203.png

Hey @aetxeberria,

Just change the configuration of the Property in the RemoteThing of Thingworx.
Change the PushType from Pushed based on the value change to Always pushed.
Before:

Shashi_Preetham_0-1666423675533.png

Change to:

Shashi_Preetham_2-1666423793685.png

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

The configuration of the properties is Always pushed, but QueryNamedPropertyHistory does't show all values.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

When you expand the 'Advanced' what is 'DataChange' set to? Value or Always?

DataChange is set to Always.

aetxeberria_0-1666616875379.png

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Looks like all the settings are correct, I'm not sure as to why it isn't logging all values.

Hey @aetxeberria,

I can see in the Screenshot that a few signals have bad quality, anyways I faced the same issue a month ago. There are two reasons:
1. Due to more than 40,000 rows in dataTable, I queried it for every sec, that increased no.of Threads in the queue which stopped logging the data of properties.
You can Check the queues here:
Performed  = Queued 

Shashi_Preetham_0-1666621162538.png

2. For some reason or heavy load on the TWX, the no.of stream logging is not happening

Shashi_Preetham_1-1666621281544.png

again Performed should be equal to Queued.

If you find (Performed != Queued), please Restart the TWX; that would be a Temporary fix for the logging issue; Permanent would be you need to Trace what is taking longer time which is acting as a road block.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

We've restarted TWX and checked the queues....after the restart, the number of streams performed and queued are not still equal...

• Performed => 1658
  • Queued => 1692

aetxeberria_1-1666690758668.png

Is the difference between performed and queued normal?

Thanks.

Hey @aetxeberria,

That may be an issue, some service, or something causing the execution delay; please check the other parts of the Subsystem.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
Top Tags