cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Need to connnect Postgres DB with KepwareEX

AM_11504626
3-Visitor

Need to connnect Postgres DB with KepwareEX

Hi,

i have installed Kepware EX demo . I am planning to connect Postgres Db with Kepware to store the data in DB.

can anyone help me out with the steps in connecting Postgres DB with Kepware .

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ntripathi
14-Alexandrite
(To:AM_11504626)

Greetings @AM_11504626 , 

Sure, I can help you with that! Please refer to the article CS277795 and follow the steps to connect Kepware EX with a PostgreSQL database:

If you are prompted to log in to view the complete article, you can use your MyKepware login credentials.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ntripathi
14-Alexandrite

Greetings @AM_11504626 , 

Sure, I can help you with that! Please refer to the article CS277795 and follow the steps to connect Kepware EX with a PostgreSQL database:

If you are prompted to log in to view the complete article, you can use your MyKepware login credentials.

Thanks for your support.

For Postgres DB do i need to install separate ODBC drive?

if yes can you tell me from where can i install?

ntripathi
14-Alexandrite

Greetings @AM_11504626 

Yes, you will need to install a separate 32-bit vendor driver for PostgreSQL.

It can be downloaded from the below link:-

psqlodbc - PostgreSQL ODBC driver

Hi @AM_11504626,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

Thanks for your support.

i have connected Kepware with PostgresDB and logged one stimulated tag.

Couple of questions to clarify:

1. how to log multiple tags? if i add multiple log items then in column mapping only one tag can be mapped.

2. can we have our own column names?

ntripathi
14-Alexandrite

Greeting @AM_11504626 

1. To log multiple tags, you can create multiple log groups within Kepware’s DataLogger. Each log group can have its own set of log items (tags) and mapping configurations. Here’s a brief overview of the steps:
    1. Create a New Log Group: In the DataLogger, add a new log group.
    2. Add Log Items: Within the log group, add multiple log items. Each log item corresponds to a tag you want to log.
    3. Configure Column Mapping: For each log item, you can specify the column mapping. If you want to log multiple tags into the same table, ensure that each tag is mapped to a different column.

1. Yes, you can have your own custom column names in the database. When setting up the DataLogger configuration.
    1. Specify Column Names: During the column mapping process, you can specify custom names for each column. This allows you to have meaningful names that match your data structure.

Please follow the below link for more details.

Setting up a DataLogger Configuration (ptc.com)

Announcements

Top Tags