cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Calculating Multiaxis positions

al.kuronya
1-Newbie

Calculating Multiaxis positions

Would anyone know if there a excel sheet or math calculator to input multiaxis cl data goto moves to help verify the post is modified correctly and to make sure the toolpath is process correct.

Ex.
GOTO / 2.14373, 0.51450, 1.50000, $
0.37144886, 0.65651571, 0.65651571

Calculate to something like following and compare results for the machine G code.

G0 X-0.1444 Y-1.6124 B48.965 C60.499

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

That will depend on your machine kinematics... no generic spreadsheets
here....

Some years ago I wrote one to handle EULER angles for usage in
Heidenhain Cycle 19 / Millplus G7 in Deckel Maho DMU 70 Evo machines ...
it only works with nutator (45 degrees) table-table kinematics
models... and sure it does not deal with CL files or IJK vectors,
although I compute these I J K vectors in my formulas in a 2nd
calculations tab... I basically enter the EULER angles for rotations
around X Y Z and the spreadsheet computes the real values on the B/C
axes...

I'll try to find it here and email it to you all.. maybe you can use my
formulas to develop a reverse algorithm... anyway. It's all about the
kinematic model of your machine...

Rgds

Daniel

Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay... I forgot about this thread... just remembered about it while parking the car on my garage... go figure 😉

Please find it attached... In the tab "Kinematics math" you are going to find some figures... I commented all cells performing calculations so that you can see the formulas behind the figures...

This is a simple spreadsheet and does not solve math problems related to RTCP / TCPM, both commonly used in multiaxis machining... but it is a start anyway...

Good luck,

Regards,

Daniel Santos - CAM Support

GE Oil&Gas

Top Tags