cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Create multiple drawings from one part

ptc-4604659
1-Newbie

Create multiple drawings from one part

I have created a part model in creo 2.0.

I need to create two drawings from this part.

One drawing with all the features in the model tree. And one more drawing without certain features in the model tree.

(i.e) Machining features are at the end of the model tree in the casting model. I need to create two separate drawings (Casting & Machined drawings). Is this possible?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yes you can do that.

if you have advanced assembly license...you can use the insert>merge inheritance option to add machining features.

so you will have two connected parts and then you can make the casting drawing with 1st part and machining drawing with the second part.

the other method is to use family table and suppress the features of machining.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

yes you can do that.

if you have advanced assembly license...you can use the insert>merge inheritance option to add machining features.

so you will have two connected parts and then you can make the casting drawing with 1st part and machining drawing with the second part.

the other method is to use family table and suppress the features of machining.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4604659)

A third method that may be applicable is to use part simplified representations.

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4604659)

You can create a Family Table Instance. One of your instances (or your generic) would have all your features, the other would have the machining features suppressed. The 2 drawings would treat them like 2 different parts but in reality it would be one part. You could even group all your machining features and just pick that group to include in your family table, rather than lots of features.

Top Tags