cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Expert machinist

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Expert machinist

Hi all,

Simple question. What is expert machinist used for ? I've had a look at the help but it's not really explicit on what is the purpose of this module. Any idea ?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

I was playing with Expert Machinist  last week. I was thinking that when I get swamped with the tough programming  I could get someone to help with simple programs. It's supposed to be in all Creo packages.  As far as I can see it's a very low end machining package that isn't supported very well with help files or tutorials on how to use it But it is functional for basic machining.

Steve

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:SteveLucas)

Thanks Steve for this answer.

Expert machinist, also called NC Lite, is a 2,5D milling package that includes some drilling sequences. It is possible to run it even without Creo NC licence. The trouble is that the CL data are of no use without some sort of external postprocessor that you'd have to program by yourself.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:James62)

James62,

I believe GPOST is available in all packages along with expert machinist as well as some post already created on the NC Central support page.

Steve

Steve,

with NC Lite Creo does not enable you to do postprocessing - GUI for postprocessing is not available. You have to run postprocessor outside of Creo - James62 mentioned this in his reply.

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Thank you for the clarification. I should have checked on a computer that didn't have manufacturing on it before I responded to James62. It was me just me being lazy assuming it would be there.

Steve

Top Tags